We are currently performing an exclusive search for a Senior Staff Accountant with a nationally recognized distributor located in St. Petersburg, FL. The position is newly created due to expansion, has phenomenal visibility and growth potential, excellent work/life balance and offers outstanding benefits. The Senior Staff Accountant position is responsible for performing general ledger account analysis and balance sheet/P&L reviews. Position ensures that all balance sheet accounts are accurately reconciled monthly and all discrepancies are researched and resolved timely. Position coordinates certain aspects of the monthly closing process and provides support for the Finance Department with accounting and financial issues. This position is responsible for the correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the Standard Accounting Manual.
• General Ledger Account Analysis, Balance Sheet Reviews, and Reporting
• Month End Close – Preparing and posting of journal entries, reconciliations, and forecasting.
• Weekly Invoice Processing
• Process Improvement.
• Participate in Ad Hoc Projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 3+ years’ experience in financial accounting
• Intermediate Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)