We are conducting a search for a Staff Internal Auditor to join one of the top employers in the Tampa Bay area. The position is newly created due to expansion, has phenomenal visibility and growth potential, excellent work/life balance and offers outstanding benefits.
- Performs investigations as part of on-going fraud prevention program and assists or leads extensive data mining initiatives.
- Analyzes records, reports, transactions and other supporting documentation, summarizing deviations, as required.
- Evaluates accounting operations to ensure proper recording of transactions.
- Reviews financial results by analyzing financial statements, reports, performance ratios, and trend techniques to isolate potential accounting problems.
- Performs internal audits to ensure that internal controls are adequate and that policies and procedures are being adhered to throughout the company. Makes recommendations to improve internal controls as needed.
- Conducts examinations and detailed internal control reviews on SOX to assist with performing annual testing, and coordinating with external auditors.
- Prepares audit reports to management concerning scope of audit, audit results and/or conditions found, and recommendations for improvement.
- Performs such other duties as the Senior Manager and Director may from time to time deem necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of auditing experience required. Exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley testing desired.